Killian School's common vision is:Commitment to excellence for all and by all students and staff, through our dedication to provide a strong support system for students; provide a rigorous instructional program delivered with high expectations for academic achievement; provide parent training and participation.
Student & School Success
Killian is a 2000, 2006, & 2018 California Distinguished School. Killian Elementary School continues to have an outstanding reputation for academic excellence. Our extraordinary school programs and dedicated staff continue to bring praise and recognition to our school.
We are proud to have acheived and offer the following:
- 2000, 2006, & 2017 California Distinguished School Award.
- 2018 Honor Roll Award School
- GOLDEN BELL Award (Dec. 2005) from the California School Boards Assoc. for our "Got Parents! The Killian Connection" program.
- Consistent API scores ranking 9th & 10th in similar schools ranking (100 similar schools).
- STAR test scores rank among the top in the Rowland Unified School District.
- Top sixth grade students study Algebra I course and take advanced mathematics in seventh grade.
- GATE students participate in a variety of activities designed to challenge and enrich their experiences.
- Students have access to an updated computer lab with Apple iMac computers, providing state-of-the-art Internet access and networking capability. Students also have access to a portable computer lab with Apple iBook computers.
- Teacher specialists provide Music, Computer Technology and Physical Education instruction.
- Student diversity is celebrated through assemblies, school-wide activities, and classroom curriculum. Parents, students and community members join forces with the school staff for a Multicultural Day. Students attend different presentations on various cultures, which may include history, special celebrations, dances, costumes, and food.
- Students in grades kindergarten through third benefit from smaller class sizes, 20:1.
- After-school intramural sports, such as basketball, soccer and softball are offered to grades 4-6.
- Character Counts school-wide events emphasize universal values at school and home (Responsibility, Respect, Trustworthiness, Caring, Fairness, and Citizenship).
- A highly motivating computerized program to increase reading comprehension (Accelerated Reader).