Community Invited to RUSD Showcase Event Feb. 4 & School Tour Day Feb. 7
Open Enrollment for the 2017/18 school year in the Rowland Unified School District (RUSD) is around the corner. All new student registration will be online starting February 6 by visiting www.rowlandschools.org/enroll/. Priority registration will take place February 6 through March 6, 2017. (CLICK BELOW for PDF's of press release in Chinese/Korean/Spanish)
The community is invited to two events where they can learn more about Rowland Schools. The RUSD Showcase Event is Saturday, February 4 at the Rowland Heights Community Center from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. (located at 18150 Pathfinder Road, Pathfinder Park in Rowland Heights). This is where all schools, key programs and services in Rowland Unified are featured under one roof. The community can enjoy student entertainment, science and robotics displays, culinary arts, a Kid Zone, information on RUSD Jobs, Adult and Recreation programs, food, fun and more.
Community members are also invited to RUSD School Tour Day on Tuesday, February 7, where every school in RUSD will offer tours of their campus at 8:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.
For additional enrollment information, call (626) 935-8281 or click HERE. If parents need to locate your home school, visit www.RowlandSchools.org/MySchoolLocator. Please note the Student Services Office has moved to the District Office, and is now located at 1830 S. Nogales Street, Rowland Heights, CA 91748.
Transitional Kindergarten (TK) classes are available at all elementary schools throughout the District. TK is a bridge between preschool and Kindergarten, giving younger children (students who turn 5 years old between September 2, 2017 and March 31, 2018) more time for hands-on, interactive learning. TK provides a high-quality Kindergarten readiness at no cost to parents with classes taught by credentialed teachers. For more questions about Transitional Kindergarten, parents can call the Elementary Schools Division at (626) 854-8371.
District Specialty Programs: RUSD is proud of its award-winning schools and enrichment programs. Below are just a few highlights. More information can be found at www.RowlandSchools.org or by downloading the free Rowland Unified School District Mobile App, available on Apple or Android devices.
- 2016 California Gold Ribbon Schools: Proud of our seven California Gold Ribbon Schools: Hollingworth Elementary, Jellick Elementary, Shelyn Elementary, Stanley G. Oswalt Academy, Telesis Academy of Science & Math, Villacorta Elementary and Ybarra Academy of Arts and Technology.
- All elementary schools, as well as selected intermediate schools in RUSD, offer before-and-after-school care starting at 6:30 a.m. with after school care until 6 p.m. by Options Surround Care, a licensed day-care provider. Additional after-school enrichment programs are throughout the District and vary at each school site.
- MUSIC FOR ALL: EVERY elementary student in grades 1-6 receives music classes each week during the school day. Students can choose Strings, Band or General Music. There is also a District Mariachi and Honor Orchestra.
- RIGOROUS ACADEMICS: Other specialty programs include International Baccalaureate (IB) World Schools, Advanced Placement (AP), HONORS, GATE, “No Excuses University” and AVID college culture schools.
- LANGUAGES: Across the District students can learn a foreign language. Spanish Dual Language Immersion and Bilingual Programs begin in Kindergarten, at Intermediate and High Schools Chinese, French, Pilipino and Spanish is offered.
- ENRICHMENT: Rowland has a strong commitment to enrichment programs for students. A wide variety of visual and performing arts, athletic programs, along with Robotics, Engineering, Science Olympiad and after-school language classes are at several schools.
- COLLEGE & CAREER FOCUSED: Rowland Unified School District educators are committed to innovative learning for all, to prepare every student for success in college and the workforce. RUSD is proud that both Nogales and Rowland High Schools offer a wide array of AP and Honor Classes, the prestigious International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma, and Career Technical Education Classes and a Career Certification Program, where students can study one of six career pathways: Arts & Communications, Business, Family & Consumer Sciences, Health & Medical Services, Public & Human Services, and Technology.Each year RUSD students are accepted and attend the nation’s most prestigious colleges and universities and earn more than $2 million in scholarships.